Position Title: Asset Review Officer
Location: Manchester City Hall Extension, Lloyd Street, Manchester M2 5DB (Mixed/Hybrid Operation)
Salary range: Grade 7 £32,909 – £36,298 (bar at £35,411) per annum
Working hours: 35 hours per week
Type of contract: permanent
Registration deadline: December 22, 2022 at 11:59 p.m
Type of interview: in person
Job reference: MCC485330/GD
Manchester City Council is creating a new asset review team to unlock the potential of the land within its estate to support the delivery of its growth ambitions across the city. This new team, which is part of the Growth and Development Directorate, will focus on optimizing the use of the Council’s land and real estate assets through a review and assessment process, in line with our Strategic Management Plan of Emerging Assets, through a targeted review program.
The Asset Review Officer will support the Asset Review Manager and play a key co-ordinating and delivery role with the Corporate Wealth team and other directorates in relation to the Council’s asset base requirements , as well as identifying land opportunities for development.
The role involves:
- Work with the Asset Review Lead to create an annual implementation plan to deliver the asset review elements of the Strategic Asset Management Plan
- Compilation and validation of information relating to the City Council’s Heritage
- Coordination of significant internal stakeholder engagement to determine asset requirements
- Preparation of information to support asset review.
- Conduct asset reviews under appropriate supervision of senior team members.
- Preparation of reports to Council boards and committees, including officer delegation and panel decision reports.
- Hiring consultants from within the Council or directly to carry out specialist services as required.
- Management and monitoring of team KPIs/goals and preparation of regular progress reports to senior managers and members.
- Assisting and reporting to Estates Board.
- Work with colleagues and wider stakeholders to ensure that objectives and activities are aligned with wider strategic objectives and activities to promote the growth and development of Manchester.
The selected candidate will have:
- A successful track record of delivering projects within the built environment
- Knowledge of legal issues related to land and property
- Knowledge of national and local planning frameworks
- Experience in the field of housing and commercial development.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain working relationships in different sectors.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to quickly understand and break down complex problems into a set of results.
- An adaptive approach to problem solving
- Be able to demonstrate experience of working with external stakeholders, senior elected members and demonstrate a high level of political awareness
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact David.firstname.lastname@example.org
Manchester is often ranked as one of the world’s best cities to live in within international media circles, with ‘nightlife’, ‘creativity’, ‘community spirit’, ‘friendliness’ and ‘getting to know your neighbours’ in the top of the list. We are home to the UK’s largest indoor stadium, its second largest international airport, major sporting facilities, excellent public transport options and are at the heart of the country’s motorway network. On our doorstep are National Parks, Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty and stunning coastlines. Within the city, our more than 555,000 residents live in all types of housing, from modern residential high-rises, traditional Victorian terraced neighborhoods to leafy suburbs.
For more information on the role: Asset Review Officer.pdf
Register and apply here