DON’T panic, because domestic football in England isn’t gone for long.
After the FA Cup final on August 1, teams across the country are already turning their attention to next season which is set to restart on September 12.
But before the big kick-off, the Community Shield will see two Premier League giants face-off at the Home of Football.
Which teams will play?
- As ever, the Community Shield will be held at Wembley Stadium.
- It usually pits the winner of the Premier League against the FA Cup holders.
- But there are doubts about whether Liverpool will appear – as revealed exclusively by SunSport.
- Their name did not appear on the official announcement of the game, while when questioned directly about Liverpool’s involvement, the FA refused to confirm who will be playing.
- If Liverpool do feature, will face the winners of Chelsea vs Arsenal.
The Community Shield is the curtain-raiser to a new season
When is the Community Shield?
- After the Covid-19 suspension, games are being held far later than originally scheduled.
- This season’s Community Shield will take place on Saturday, August 29.
- Kick-off will be confirmed closer to the date.
Will fans be allowed in to Wembley?
SunSport revealed how the government were hoping to have fans at Wembley for this clash, provided trials went well in early August.
But after a rise in coronavirus cases, those planned trials have been postponed.
As such, it remains to be seen if fans will be allowed in to the spectacle on August 29.
By: Jim Sheridan
Title: When is the Community Shield, which teams will play in it and will it have fans?
Sourced From: www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/12277193/community-shield-date-kick-off-time-teams-fans/
Published Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2020 12:35:00 +0000